Download User Guide
User Guide: Best Practices for Simplifying and Automating Microsoft SQL Updates
Chef Habitat provides automation capabilities for defining, packaging and delivering applications to almost any environment regardless of operating system or deployment platform.
Updating Microsoft SQL can be a complex and time consuming task. This guide shows how Chef Habitat can be used to streamline and dramatically decrease the time required to configure and update Microsoft SQL.
Key topics covered in the guide include:
- Microsoft SQL Key Considerations
- Getting Started Packaging Microsoft SQL Server with Chef Habitat
- Installing SQL Server via the install Hook
- Setting the Port and Opening the Firewall
- Running the SQL Server Service
- Setting up Logins and Users
- Exporting SQL Server to a Docker Image
- Testing Connectivity to a “Habitized” SQL Server
- Using a Habitat Update strategy to patch SQL Server
- Exploring a plan for SQL Server High Availability
New to Chef Habitat? If you are new to Chef Habitat we recommend viewing the free introductory course, Deliver Applications with Chef Habitat, on Learn Chef.